Thursday, August 03, 2006

In Laurie's Brain - Hurricane Season Fortune Cookies


As tropical depression Chris meanders toward the Caribbean Sea, my mind turns toward our current hurricane season, such as it is...

Hurricane big blow job with no happy ending.
Lucky numbers: 69-6-9-96-0-0-0-0-0-0…

Evacuation like constipation. Nothing go anywhere fast.
Lucky Color: Brown

When pecan tree fall on house, people go nuts.
Lucky Shoe: Right one

Hole in roof, like hole in head. Who needs it?
Lucky Month: Not September…or August…or October…

When waters rise, wise man no flushy.
Learn Chinese: Poo Poo Platter

You will have blue tarp on roof for 269 days.
Lucky Numbers: What lucky number? You no lucky.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, another post in my honor. My tarp isn't blue anymore. I'm on my second tarp and its black like my moods have been. I also have a new crop of mold growing downstairs where there wasn't any mold at all after the storm. I'd climb on what's left of the roof to jump off but I'd probably just fall through and get brused.

Baby Sis

Donna said...

Yikes. I have never so fervently wished that time could just stand still for a while - I can't believe it's hurricane season so soon. I think we are all collectively praying that you guys get spared this year and can continue to rebuild.

Anonymous said...

I never wished for hurricanes, but I used to sort of enjoy "following" them, going to the NOAA site and tracking the progress. Now it all makes me sick to my stomach. *sigh*

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - Don't jump, yet! Wait until this season is over.

Donna - Keep praying!

Sophmom - I used to enjoy following them, too, but not anymore.

Sylvana said...

They should make special tarps with elastic sewn into the edging so they are like a gigantic Saran Quick Covers.

Hope this season treats you well.

Laurie said...

Sylvana - Now, there's an idea! Saran Tarp.