Friday, May 26, 2006

All Natural (?!) 7UP


For the last few weeks, I've been seeing the commercials for *natural* 7UP. Evidently, by eliminating a flavoring preservative, 7UP decided they could now state that their product is 100% Natural.

Here are the ingredients: filtered carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, natural citric acid, natural flavors and natural potassium citrate. I'm certainly not qualified to distinguish between a natural and a borderline natural ingredient. However, a product, by my definition of *natural*, wouldn't contain carbonated water (although I suppose carbon dioxide is, technically, *natural*) or high fructose corn syrup. If I knew what potassium citrate was, I probably wouldn't put that in there either.

Surely 7UP isn't trying to confuse people into thinking *100% Natural* is the same as healthy. Surely, they wouldn't do that.

Would they?

4 comments:

Steve said...

I say try it with a little all natural Crown Royal and nothing else matters. Hmm... that might make a good song title - Nothing Else Matters.

Laurie said...

Pokerboss - Hmmmmm.......

cindybindy said...

You mean to say a big time conglomerate might lie to the public to sell its product? :) Say it ain't so. Hope your dad's doing better. Cindy

Laurie said...

Cindy - Oh, it's so. :) (Dad's doing better every day. Thanks for asking.)