Monday, November 16, 2009

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant



I've finally gotten my hands on a menu from the Japanese restaurant in the Kroger shopping center on Phelan. I've had takeout from there a couple of times and the food is delicious. For a small restaurant with only one cook, the menu is incredibly varied.

Kyoto serves sushi which is quite good. We've had the crunch roll, California roll and spicy tuna roll which were all delicious. We've also had the Tom Yum soup, hibachi scallops, hibachi chicken and chicken fried rice which were all great. Their hibachi vegetables are also excellent.

As you can see by the menu above, there are lots of things we haven't tried, yet. I plan to try the spring rolls and hibachi shrimp soon.

The restaurant also serves beer, wine and sake. However, since I've only had orders to-go, I'm not sure about their beer and wine selection.

Kyoto Japanese Restaurant
3851 Phelan Boulevard
409-838-9888 or 409-838-9882

Monday - Saturday
11:00a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

3 comments:

Grimm said...

While not Japanese food, I can remember when Leslie took me took my first eat-in Chinese resteraunt and I had my first experience with plum wine. About knocked me flat.

I know - Off topic, but still this brought back memories.

TBM said...

That looks AWESOME. I'll take one of everything, please!

Steve said...

I've been searching for a good Squid Salad and an Eel Roll within a mile of my house. Now, thanks to Laurie, I know where to go. Yum!