Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Invasion of the Mushroom Body Snatchers?


This is another picture of the big mushroom in my mom's backyard. I've looked online and I can't find what kind of mushroom this is. My blogging friend Astrid, who is in London by way of The Netherlands, just left me this comment:
I went to see some family last week and they also had these tremendous mushrooms in their backyard. No one had a clue where they came from or what, but they looked just as hideous! Haha ... and they feel like a dirty sponge! No, I vote for sunflowers all the way!
Do you think aliens are dropping these things all over like in Invasion of the Body Snatchers? Check your yards, folks.
I wonder if my Shroom Replica will have better hair?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How freaky!!! I told Aunt Hazel, who is terrified by "The Body Snatchers", that I check every morning to be sure I don't see my face in it.

Baby Sis

Dave Knechel said...

WOW! You must have some sort of county agricultural agency or something where you can take that monster for examination. Or you could chop it up and get the entire city high.

Lorna said...

I know I wrote a comment on this---Beta Blogger is eating my posts. Or I'm doing something wrong. Hmmmm....I wonder which one of those it could be?

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - I don't think I was there when you said that either. That IS weird.

Dave - This city is already pretty high on refinery funes.

Lorna - I blame Blogger.

Anonymous said...

Check the back of your mom's neck... that's how they get in. Better yet, start hitting her with a yard rake THEN check the back of her neck.

If it's an alien they'll never see it coming. If it's your mom she'll forgive you... later... much much later... but at least you'll know who you're dealing with. And so will the aliens... and so will your mom.

Laurie said...

D. B. - Hahahahaha! That's hilarious. I'm sending that to my mom. Heeheehee...