Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Who is Chris Gaines?

Who is Chris Gaines you ask? You didn't ask? I'm telling you anyway. Back in 1999, Garth Brooks had the not so great idea to create an alter ego and release a non-country CD. The CD is actually pretty good. The alter ego is just plain weird.

I haven’t listened to this CD in years but today I brought it with me to work. I believe I avoided listening to it again because there’s a really creepy picture of Chris Gaines/Garth Brooks on the cover. Sounds crazy, I know. But, really, you should see this picture. Every time I would peruse my CD rack for something to bring to work or put in my car, I would quickly avert my eyes and grab something else.

Now, I’m not recommending that you actually go out and purchase this CD. However, if it’s in your collection, muster up your courage, grab the icky thing, and have a listen. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

And who is Rand McNally?