Sunday, December 18, 2011

Party Like They're Still Here...Because They Are


This Christmas, I want you all to party and celebrate and lose your little minds as though everyone you've ever lost is still here.

Dance and sing like dad is still playing DJ on the old stereo and smile like he's still in your face with that damn video camera.

Picture yourself having a highball with Grandma Ransonette, some chicken and dumplings with Granny and dancing a Cajun waltz with Grandpa Courville.  Have a third piece of pie in honor of Grandpa Ransonette and Uncle Wayne.

Chase the kids around the room like Uncle Marty, treat yourself to a beer with Alan and Ray and try to learn to speak Bulgarian like Melissa.

Party like they're all still here, like they're all still watching you, like they're all still enjoying the festivities, because they are.  I promise you, they are.

Merry Christmas Week, everyone!

3 comments:

cajunbon said...

Amen sister!!!! Brought a tear to my eye but in a good way.

Baby sis

Laurie said...

Cheers, baby sister!

Lorna said...

I wish I'd written that, because I've certainly thought it, and hoped it, and acted like it.