Friday, April 02, 2010

What do Revenge of the Nerds, Police Academy and Jaws have in common?

There are some movies with such awful sequels that I had forgetten how good the originals were.  I stumbled upon Revenge of the Nerds last night and couldn't make myself change the channel.  It's one of my favorite stupidly funny movies, but the sequels were so awful and so numerous that I had even boycotted the original. 

Other movies with awful sequels:
Saturday Night Fever
Jaws
Caddyshack
Grease
Rocky
Police Academy
Karate Kid
Planet of the Apes
Dirty Dancing
Weekend at Bernie's
Porky's
Jurassic Park
The Godfather (the third one, of course)
Indiana Jones (some were good, some not so good, none as good as the first)
Halloween
Nightmare on Elm Street

4 comments:

K- Mo said...

Call me a stooge, but I LOVE Grease 2 along with Back to the Future 2 I'm a complete sucker for sequels...yep I'm a stooge!

Peter said...

Godfather 2 was better than the original.
Happy Easter.

Laurie said...

Kara...cousin...I am SO not with you on that one.

Peter, I loved Godfather 2. LOVED it.

Lorna said...

I loved Revenge of the Nerds but could never get anybody in my family to even look at it.