Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The Incredible Pencil

Have you ever stopped to think about pencils? The good old No. 2? Sharpening it to just the right point: sharp enough to write a non-smudgy sentence, but not so sharp that it breaks as soon as the tip hits the paper? Pencils are an amazing thing.

What about that eraser? What genius came up with that? Someone created an instrument that is portable, inexpensive and perfection in its own right, then they improved it by attaching a little piece of rubber on the opposite end of the exposed lead that allows its user to magically eradicate things mistakenly written.

I'm sure I'll Wikipedia the origin of the pencil shortly. However, for now, I will ponder the amazingness that is the pencil...with eraser.

1 comment:

The Grandpa said...

Thanks for reminding me to stop and look around. Now where the heck's my pencil?