Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Feel the Rush!



A friend of mine recently tried the above pictured Extreme Energy 6-Hour Shot. He came into the room and said, "I don't feel so good." I said, "You're all red. What's wrong?" He said, "I drank one of those energy shot drink things." Then, he ran out of the room.

He returned with the box and we began to read the ingredients which include the usual vague references to energetic sounding herbs and vitamins and weirdness. My friend is one of the most calm people I've ever known. When things are going crazy around us, he's the voice of reason. He was freaking out. It was pretty damn funny.

He said his heart was pounding and his eyes felt weird. I asked him how his left arm felt and he said he couldn't feel his left arm. I think he was kidding. I think.

After about twenty minutes, he started feeling fairly normal, so I did the usual Laurie thing. I Googled. Other peoples' experiences with the Shot range from "no big deal" to emergency room visits. Google it yourself. Some of the stories are unintentionally hilarious.

The Shots come in a two pack. So, of course, we're trying to convince someone to take the other shot. However, the problem is that whenever someone says they'll take it, my friend chickens out and won't let them do it. The trick is going to be to find someone we dislike enough that we'll enjoy watching them self combust. That's harder than it sounds.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

Do I know this friend? If I do, you need to e-mail me so I can enjoy the story with a complete picture! :)

Lorna said...

I wasn't going to comment, but I had to use the word verification: goacturd

those energy drinks are pretty scary