Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Just cleaning up a little karma

Acquiring the bad karma
A couple of months ago, I went to Best Buy and, when the cashier told me my total, I thought it was a little low but thought I must have stumbled upon a bargain. When I got to the car, I noticed that I hadn't been charged for a $20 item.

My initial reaction wasn't "hot damn, good for me." It was, "Dammit, I have to walk back in there and tell them." But, laziness won out and I didn't go back into the store. I felt bad about it all the way home until I opened the item and it was broken. While that eased my guilt a little, I could still feel the dark cloud of bad karma hanging over my head.

Cleaning up the bad karma
When I was balancing my checkbook Sunday, I noticed that my car dealership had charged my debit card $3.94 for a $49.94 oil change and wheel alignment. I called the dealership Monday and had to talk to three different people before anyone fully understood I was trying to GIVE them money.

Now, my karma is all even again. Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One year while Dave and I were Christmas shopping, we weren't charged for a $40 item. We figured it out just as we got to the car, stood there and debated, then finally went back to make it right. I couldn't handle the bad karma. It always comes back to bite me in the ass.

Laurie said...

Leslie - Always!