Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ava Adventures - Part 1

After a quick stop at Sonic for supper, my sister Terry, her daughter Katie and I left Beaumont Tuesday evening and headed to Houston. We checked into our Best Western hotel. It wasn't the "best" anything but it was our home for the next three days. Thanks to the loan of a bottle of Febreze from Cory and Jamie and after warming convenience store muffins in the microwave, we were pretty sure the next tenants would walk in and say, "Ah, muffins." We walked in and said, "What's that smell? Smells like pee."

Wednesday morning, Jamie was supposed to get to the hospital at 7:00 a.m. for her induction. We were going to meet them at the hospital at 9:00 a.m. Cory called me around 8:00 a.m. and said we had been pushed back to at least noon and for them to call back at that time before going to the hospital. As mentioned in a previous post, we were actually pushed all the way to Thursday.

So, we went to see the new Harry Potter and had an absolutely delicious lunch at Lupe Tortilla's before splitting up for nap time. After naps, Katie and I went back to Cory and Jamie's house. Sonic was again the winner for dinner time and, after Katie said she just wanted a corn dog, corn dogs became the theme of the evening. (See the picture on the previous post.) While eating our Sonic supper, we sat around and watched Ghost Hunters. Then, everyone went to their designated sleepy-time spots and went to bed.

Part 2 tomorrow:
"I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies."
(Yep, I was in the delivery room.)

7 comments:

Angel The Alien said...

What is it with Best Westerns these days and their smelly rooms? I checked into a Best Western last month with my kids, expecting it to be real nice, and it turned out to be a complete roach hotel. Weird...

Mommy said...

Yuk on the pee smell. Bummer she got pushed back, but at least they took her early the next day. Corn dogs sound good right now. Ghost Hunters was kind of boring this week. :P

I am anxious to hear about the birthing story. :) I'll have to e-mail you on Monday about how I got to watch one of our friends breastfeed her baby tonight, and got to see more than I'd like to. Maybe I should rethink my stance on breastfeeding. Hahaha.

Anonymous said...

When Julia was born, Dave and my parents ate so much fast food. Comes with the territory, I guess. Who feels like cooking when a baby's on the way?

Lorna said...

I have yet to go to Sonic, but I have birthed two babies, adopted one, and been present for the births of my 3 granddaughters, but none of that experience helps me to understand why someone gave Ava a book about Princess Diana.....

TexasGal said...

Hotel rooms will creep you out if you think about it too much. I've seen too many of those TV shows on germs I think. I LOVE Sonic...I WISH they had one here, along with Whataburger, Shipleys, Guadlajara, Chick-fil-a, etc. Can you tell it's lunch time here?

Anonymous said...

We've stayed in a few motels the past few weeks, mostly Super8's and they've been decent for the most part. One was pretty sucky and smelly though. It was at a major truck stop... need I say more? LOL

Loved the photos of the grandbaby, very cool!

8)

Laurie said...

Nicki - Interesting. Somebody needs to talk to Mr. Best Western.

Jen - Ghost Hunters was a little slow, wasn't it?

Leslie - We were only eating to maintain. You're right. Who can think about cooking or eating for that matter.

Lorna - I bought the magazine for Jamie. Had to include a little package for mom and dad, you know.

Texas Gal - Your comment made me hungry.

Se7en - Thanks. :)