Saturday, April 29, 2006

Hell's Bells Rocks

Today, my office friend, Darlene came into my office at about 11:30 a.m. and announced that my absolute favorite tribute band, Hell's Bells, would be playing at Cactus Canyon tonight.

I did my best to accumulate a crowd on such late notice. As far as I know (and, as you know, I keep up with these things) there was no advertisement that these guys would be playing at all. In fact, Jack and I had discussed it only a week previously and had thoroughly checked their website to see when they would be in the area. In the past, when they played at Antone's, the place was packed and we had to work to get good seats. Tonight, in the Back Room at Cactus Canyon, there was a maximum of 50 people in the club.

These guys still rocked but, by the time they played She Shook Me All Night Long, there were ten people in the place. When they played that song where "Angus" shows his ass (and he did), there were about eight people in the place. For Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap and For Those About to Rock, there were six of us. The good part was that they were, literally, playing for just us. The bad part is, these guys deserve much better.

No comments: