Saturday, December 24, 2005

Oh, what a night.







The night started at Rio Rita's with me and Bonnie and Janice and Michelle enjoying margaritas and Mexican food with a brief foray into Mr. Hankie and South Park cartoons involving a piece fajita meat but I took pictures so I'll post those or put them on Flickr later. We then met Terry and Dan at TEN (the bar, not the time) for Sugar Baby martinis and Rick Danna playing excellent martini drinking music. From there, we went to the Black Cat for Mark Fiorenza's annual Christmas party which was great and we saw a lot of old friends from the hood. At around 10:00 (the time, not the bar), Bonnie and I left the Black Cat and met Terry and Dan at Antone's. I also caught up with Jen and Brian who were in town from Baton Rouge for the holidays. When I got to Antone's Josh Langston was playing which soon became David Lee Kaiser which then became Jimmy Kaiser and also some big black guy would get on the stage and sing with them occasionally along with Lee Pelly and some other people including some guy on bass who is famous or something but I didn't catch his name and then David Lee's band and Jimmy's band were all on stage at once along with Spencer Marks and Lee Pelly and the Josh Langston guy got back up there and at one point the Josh Langston guy stage dived into the crowd which was the first time I've ever seen that at Antone's and it was my favorite way to spend a night of live music when all the musicians get up there and just all start taking turns playing and singing and I was in heaven then a girl I went to high school with walked up to me and got right in my face and said, "We're still doing it aren't we?" Hell, yeah, Jessie. We're still doing it.

4 comments:

Lorna said...

Laurie, you know how to party!!! I want to go somewhere that someone stagedives before I'm too old to know why it's fun! I hope Antone's has a chair with my name on it. If only I could teleport!

Laurie said...

And he was goooooood lookin'! I'll work on that teleporting thing.

Mommy said...

Hey, Laurie, it was great seeing you and your fam last night! :) I think Dan thought Brian was Terry from Jive Train at first... Hahaha... of course, they really DO look a lot alike!!! :)

Hope to see you again soon!

Laurie said...

Jen - Merry Christmas again, girl!