Sunday, August 21, 2005

Italian Food and Cam Pyle Band

Frankie's Italian Grill
105 IH-10 North
Beaumont, Texas 77707
409.835.9200
(Between Bennigan's and Chili's)

Another fun Saturday night in Beaumont. First we went to Frankie's for Italian food then we went to Antone's to watch the Cam Pyle Band. Check out Wang Chi's blog for his usual in depth and informative review.

Since I'm leaving the music review to Wang Chi, I'll take the food review. Frankie's is a new Italian food restaurant in town. I have no problem with the usual Italian food restaurant chains (Olive Garden, Carrabba's, Johnny Carino's) but there's nothing like Italian food that really tastes homemade. Frankie's is a local restaurant and the story goes that three brothers have come to Beaumont from New York and each of them has opened his own restaurant. I don't know if that's true or not but I like the sound of it. I haven't tried the other two restaurants; but, I hear they're quite good also. One of them is on my way home and I hear it sells pizza by the slice. Guess what I'm getting for supper Monday on my way home from work.

The various dishes we tried tonight were Chicken Piccata, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Cacciatore and Spaghetti with Italian Sausage and every one of them was delicious. I had the house Italian dressing on my salad which was a light tomato vinaigrette and it was fantastic. The Italian sausage was flavorful and spicy with just enough fennel to add bite without overpowering the other seasonings in the sausage. I had the Chicken Piccata which was fork tender with a fabulous tangy caper laden sauce but I have to say my favorite spoonful was a taste from the plate of one of my co-diner's Chicken Marsala.

I can't wait to go back and try something else off of the huge menu. We were so full, we didn't try dessert and I meant to get a coffee and forgot. I'll let you know how the pizza was Monday night.

6 comments:

J Anderson said...

I compliment your blog

Laurie said...

J - Thanks!

Lorna said...

Have you seen "The Big Night" ? or maybe it's Big Night with Tony Shaloub? Just like your story about Frankie's (and Dom's and Sal's) Anyway, if not, try it on one of your stay home in jammies nights.

Laurie said...

Lorna - I love Tony Shalhoub. I'll check it out.

SeaKitty said...

i'm so excited for your town, that you're getting a "real" italian restaurant. once you get used to it, you'll never eat "chain" again!

Laurie said...

Sea Kitty - I'm happy, too. :)