Friday, January 14, 2005

Friday Night Stand Up

Dinner?

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.

The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, "Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly."

The other man said, "What is the name of the restaurant?"

The first man thought and thought and finally said, "What is the name of that flower you give to someone you love? You know... the one that's red and has thorns."

"Do you mean a rose?"

"Yes, that's the one," replied the man. He then turned towards the kitchen and yelled, "Rose, what's the name of that restaurant we went to last night?"


A Dog's Reminders to Himself
  1. The mailman and garbage collector are not stealing our stuff.
  2. I do not need to suddenly stand straight up when I'm lying under the coffee table.
  3. I will not roll my toys behind the fridge, behind the sofa or under the bed.
  4. I must shake the rainwater out of my fur BEFORE entering the house.
  5. I will not eat the cats' food, before they eat it or after they throw it up.
  6. I will stop trying to find the few remaining pieces of clean carpet in the house when I am about to get sick.
  7. I will not throw up in the car.
  8. I will not roll on dead seagulls, fish, crabs, etc. just because I like the way they smell.
  9. "Kitty box crunchies", although they are tasty, are not food.
  10. I will not eat any more Kleenex, napkins or newspapers and then redeposit them in the backyard after processing.
  11. The diaper pail is not a cookie jar.
  12. I will not chew my human's toothbrush and not tell them.
  13. I will not chew crayons or pens, especially not the red ones, or my people will think I am hemorrhaging.
  14. When in the car, I will not insist on having the window rolled down when it's raining outside.
  15. We do not have a doorbell. I will not bark each time I hear one on TV.
  16. I will not steal my mom's underwear and dance all over the backyard with them.
  17. The sofa is not a face towel. Neither are mom & dad's laps.
  18. My head does not belong in the refrigerator.
  19. I will not bite the officer's hand when he reaches in for mom's drivers license and car registration.
  20. I will not play tug-of-war with dad's underwear when he's on the toilet.
  21. I will not eat mint flavored dental floss out of the bathroom garbage and walk around with a string hanging out of my butt.
  22. I will not use "roll around in the dirt" as an option after just getting a bath.
  23. Sticking my nose into someone's crotch is not an acceptable way of saying hello.
  24. I will not hump on any person's leg just because I thought it was the right thing to do.
  25. I will not fart in my owners face while sleeping on the pillow next to their head.
  26. I will not come in from outside and immediately drag my butt across the carpet.
  27. The toilet bowl is not a never ending water supply and, just because the water is blue, it doesn't mean it is cleaner.
  28. I will not sit in the middle of the living room and lick my crotch when company is over.
  29. Suddenly turning around and smelling my butt can quickly clear a room.
  30. The cat is not a squeaky toy so when I play with him and he makes that noise, it's usually not a good thing.

2 comments:

Martin said...

lol Very funny! Both are great :-D BTW, really good blog you have here. I would vote for you but I only just joined and I don't think that I can! Anyway, book marked you so will be singing on by and reading your blog.

Good luck and best wishes
- la luna

Unknown said...

The doggy ones are all very famaliar.