Friday, May 24, 2013

Couch to 5K - Day 3... - Success!


For the first time, I jogged all the running parts without stopping.  I felt like Rocky.  I did stop jogging prematurely at one point, but that was only because I thought a guy introducing B. B. King on my playlist was my zombie trainer telling me it was time to "walk it out."

I also stopped long enough for an old guy in his yard to explain to me that the multitude of squirrels in his yard were there because there was a baby...and a momma...or something...in that big tree over there.  I have a feeling I'm in for a lot more of these conversations, if he's keeping track of my running routine.

Today's music mishap occurred when "What's New Pussycat?" repeated itself.  As I mentally prepared myself for a third replay, ZZ Top's "Pearl Necklace" played.  Sweet.  That's what's new, pussycat.

2 comments:

Susan in St. Paul said...

Cool! You have almost inspired me to take up something, not sure what, I already walk, maybe shanty singing or something out of my comfort range ;)

Lorna said...

I'm following your progress with such interest. So far, there's been no crying. On my part or yours. BTW, I cannot jog; my body does not allow it; I go from hippity-skip to fullout running, which lasts for about half a block, but seems like 5K.