Friday, October 07, 2011

My Morning


  • 7:30 a.m. Power went out as I sat down to my makeup mirror
  • 7:30 a.m. Large stuffed animal fell out of a chair in my office beside my bathroom at the exact same time the lights went out 
  • 7:32 a.m. Packed up things to finish getting ready at work
  • 7:33 a.m. Continued to flip light switches even though I knew the power was out
  • 7:36 a.m. Left for work with wet hair and no makeup
  • 7:37 a.m. Tried to close garage door with garage door opener like an idiot
  • 7:37 a.m. Got out of car to close garage door manually and smelled smoke
  • 7:37 a.m. Freaked out
  • 7:38 a.m.  No smoke pouring out of my townhouse or any others around me
  • 7:38 a.m.  Stopped freaking out
  • 7:39 a.m.  Drove to work
  • 7:40 a.m. Tuned radio to local station to try to find out why there was a power outage and smoke in the air and heard disc jockeys talking about "alternate paths" and "we'll be out there later"
  • 7:41 a.m. Freaked out 
  • 7:42 a.m. I realized the disc jockeys were talking about the path for a procession for a local soldier who died in Afghanistan  (RIP)
  • 7:46 a.m  Tried to pull into the parking lot at work, but there was a man walking two huge black Great Danes and a lady was blocking my path into the parking lot, I assume, out of fear of the dogs.  She wouldn't move left or right, forward or backward.  She just stood there.  MOVE dammit!
  • 7:50 a.m.  Walked into my office to find two co-workers already there who never get to work before me.  Never.
Weird ass morning.

1 comment:

Lorna said...

respect the fear of the woman-scared-by-dog. it can leave you unable to move. However, the rest of your morning should just be forgotten. Completely.