Sunday, September 12, 2010

Now, that's some good looking senior citizens, right there


Six months ago, my 1974 graduating class of Thomas Jefferson High School in Port Arthur, Texas decided to start getting together for lunch once a month.  This Saturday was our biggest gathering yet and we had a fabulous time, as always.

When I saw this picture that was posted on Facebook last night, I was struck by the fact that this year we will (or already have) hit that magical senior citizen discount threshold of being 55 years old.

Now, you tell me.  Do those people up there look like senior citizens to you? I think we need a new phrase for the discounts we baby boomers have so rightfully earned.  The phrase must not include the words senior, silver, golden or elderly.

How about a "Yeah, Baby!" discount?

"I would like to use my 'Yeah, Baby!' discount, please."

I like the sound of it.


.

3 comments:

Duane Dupre' said...

SENIOR CITIZEN- Parties harder, longer, with a 10% discount!

Laurie said...

Yeah, baby!

Unknown said...

A rowdy bunch you are!