Sunday, July 26, 2009

Busy weekend and dad update

Dad Update
First the dad update for all the cousins and aunts and uncles. Dad's numbers (bilirubin, enzymes, temperature) are staying steady which the doctors see as a good thing even though some of the numbers are still a little high. He gets to come home tomorrow and he'll see his oncologist Wednesday for follow-up and to get back on his chemo schedule. Not sure if I posted it before, but his liver cells tested good which was a concern of mine since his bilirubin has been high for so long.

Dad's weak from being in and out of the hospital for the last three weeks, but we're hoping the physical therapist will kick that in the butt. Mom's in good spirits and glad to be on the way home and sleeping in her own bed after sleeping on hospital sofas for the last three (four?) weeks. I've lost track of time.

Busy Weekend (pictures later)
My brother and his family were in town this weekend from Arkansas and we had a fabulous weekend filled with Chinese food, cutting dad's grass, girl shopping, cousin bonding, grand-fabulous Ava spoiling and the best ever Thomas Jefferson Monthly All Alumni Gathering. Stu and Kim and the boys were able to spend time with dad in Houston while they were here.

Bounce Zone (pictures later)
Friday was my last day of full-time grandma vacation and Jamie, Ava, Jamie's sister, her son and I went to the Bounce Zone, then had a fabulous lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Did you know that Chick-Fil-A offers fresh ground pepper table side for your salad? And free snacks for the kids? I didn't.

Sugar Daddy Applicants
To sum up my week of vacation and family weekend, I am now taking applications for a sugar daddy so I can quit my wonderful job and just hang out and play and to quote Eddie Murphy "party all the time." Applicants should keep in mind that I only cook when I feel like it, I only clean when things are noticeably dirty and it's been so long since I had sex that I don't even think I remember what goes where. However, I can promise you this. You will not be bored.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad your dad is doing better. Sounds like you were able to get some good time with your family.

TBM said...

Ha! Great post, Laurie.