Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Want to See Something Scary Cool?

A few years ago, Google added "Street View" to its Google Maps. At the time, it was mostly limited to large metropolitan areas. Not anymore.

1. Go to Google
2. Click on the maps tab
3. Type an address into the search bar
4. Click on the little man (where the red arrow is pointing to the red circle) and drag him onto the map.



You might have to play around with it a bit to get used to it, but it's very cool. I "drove" all over Port Arthur last night.

The scary part? I typed in my parents' address and not only did their house pop up, but my dad's name popped up also. I assume this will happen for anyone who is listed in the telephone book, but still. Weird.

8 comments:

Mommy said...

This is so freaky. I called Brian in to show him and he acted like "old news". How could I not know something this freaky existed!

TBM said...

And it's really bad when you see yourself or someone you know in the street view photo.

Lorna said...

cyber-stalking---just a step away from blogging.

Laurie said...

Ilove to cyber stalk.

Susan in St. Paul said...

Laurie-I love it too!

Anonymous said...

I can't decide whether this is the coolest or the scariest thing ever.

Laurie said...

Susan and Leslie - I know, right?

Lori said...

Laurie--ran across your blog and saw this. It has changed so much since the last time I was on it! Even stranger, I was able to figure out the day it was taken based on the cars at the house and things going on at the neighbors! WOW!