Sunday, December 09, 2007

Mom and Bonnie Meet the Ghost Hunters

Bonnie, Grant, Mom


My mom, sister Bonnie, Aunt Gladys and cousin Brady just got back from a paranormal retreat and ghost hunt on the Queen Mary. The trips are offered by Darkness Radio in association with The Atlantic Paranormal Society, better known as T.A.P.S. of the Sci Fi Channel series Ghost Hunters.

Bonnie and mom had a wonderful time and highly recommend these retreats. They said the speakers were all interesting and entertaining and there was never a dull moment. She said all of the celebrities (Patrick Burns, Chris Fleming, Grant and Jay from T.A.P.S., to name a few) hang out with everyone and were all a lot of fun. They also enjoyed a very entertaining comedy show by one of The Lone Gonemen, Dean Haglund, from the television series The X Files which was part of the retreat.



Click here for details on future trips. I'll be taking one myself next year, but I haven't decided which one. I'm pretty sure it won't be an insane asylum or abandoned prison. I'm more of a haunted hotel kind of girl. There is a possibility of a trip to The Stanley Hotel next winter. I'm going to start saving my nickels.

10 comments:

George said...

Check out the St. James Hotel in Cimarron, NM, if you have any interest in western lore. Bullet holes in the old barroom ceiling, stories of Jesse James, Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett, etc. Probably just an overnighter . . . nothing else in town and not much out of town. Really cool OLD cemetary east(?) of town toward Philmont Scout Ranch.

So can you give the 'real' stories about Sarah Jane Road and the Saratoga Lights?

TBM said...

Cool! I got some real heebie jeebies in Hampton Court...

And those are some great t-shirts! Did they remember to bring you one? ;-)

Laurie said...

George - Thanks for the travel tip! I love New Mexico.

Regarding Sarah Jane Road and Saratoga Lights, I've heard so many versions I have no idea what the "real" story is. You should do a blog post. :)

Laurie said...

Just - I saw a show on Biography Channel last night about Haunted London and I thought of you. A big portion of the program was about Hampton Court.

Regarding the t-shirts: No! They did bring me some other cool stuff though. I'll have to order my shirts online. :)

Mommy said...

Me = Jealous. That looks like so much fun!

Laurie said...

Jen - I can't wait to go on one myself!!!

Leslie said...

Freaking awesome!!! What a great time that must have been! I would LOVE to go to something like that.

Laurie said...

Leslie - I plan to try to do one each year. Maybe next year when the new baby is older, I could meet you guys at one up there in the northeast!!!! AAHHH!!! That would be SO cool!

Grimm said...

Yep, the wonderwife and I would love to go to some of these if only she would quit have babies.

Don't want to mess with karma and go while she is pregnant!

Laurie said...

Grimm - I couldn't agree with you more. One day we'll have to all take the same tour. That would be SO cool!