Saturday, January 06, 2007

Addictive Movies


Last night I was going to watch about five minutes of Slap Shot then go to bed. I should have known better. Slap Shot is one of those movies that sucks me in. I tell myself, "I'll stop watching right after this part," and next thing I know, it's two hours later and I watched the whole thing.

Here are some more silly movies I can't quit watching if I happen upon them while cruising the cable. They aren't art but they sure are fun.

  • Pulp Fiction
  • Ghostbusters
  • Blind Date
  • Animal House
  • Honeymoon in Vegas
  • The Burbs

(Actually, the list was much longer but you people don't need to know how many hours I waste laying on the couch.)

13 comments:

Serena said...

I get sucked into the sofa the same way. I'll find some movie on, think to myself, "Girlfriend, you've already seen that 10 times, move on!" Still, the next thing I know, two hours are gone. Oh, well; it's not like I was going to do anything constructive in those two hours, anyway.:)

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way with some movies. Like Napoleon Dynamite. And The Other Sister. And Hope Floats. And The Wedding Singer.

Laurie said...

Serena Joy and Leslie - I think we're in good company. :)

Mommy said...

The Princess Bride. That one always gets me. How appropriate that it was the movie I got sucked into just before B proposed! :)

Peter said...

There are a lot of movies that get me like that too Laurie.

Unknown said...

Doctor Strangelove, The Birdcage and Bull Durham do it for me. There are probably more but I can't think of them now.

cindybindy said...

Grease, The Blues Brothers, The American President, and The Abyss can capture me and hold me hostage for hours. :)

Laurie said...

Jen - That is one I left off of my list. I love that movie.

Peter - My list was definitely cut short out of embarrassment.

Comfort Addict - Dr. Strangelove...YES! I love Bull Durham, too.

Cindy - Definitely, the Blues Brothers and Grease.

La Sirena said...

Ditto on "Princess Bride" and "Pulp Fiction". I also have to add "All That Jazz", "Say Anything" and "Better Off Dead". (I may have a small John Cusack problem.)

Grimm said...

Princess Bride here as well.

Love the John Cusack movies as well.

"I want my 2 dollars!"

Great stuff

Laurie said...

La Sirena - I love John Cusack. I watched Sixteen Candles the other night (another one that can be added to this list) and seeing him as the nerd still cracks me up.

Grimm - Princess Bride is high on everyone's list isn't it?

Anonymous said...

The Princess Bride and The Hunt for Red October. My boys LOVE Napoleon Dynamite.

Laurie said...

Sophmom - Princess Bride definitely gets the popularity vote.