Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Come Sail Away

One of my favorite South Park episodes is one where Cartman tells his friends that if he hears the opening line to the Styx song Come Sail Away, he has to sing the whole song. He just can't help himself. So, throughout the episode, his friends keep feeding him the line which causes Cartman to cuss (Son of a Bitch!!) and then sing the whole song at top speed. Hilarious.

A week ago, I was pondering whether to see Leon Russell or Styx this Thursday and I've decided to see Styx. I realize that Leon is a legend but I saw him last year and I've never seen Styx.

Hopefully, I won't be kicking myself Friday at work for making the wrong decision while I'm also kicking myself for being tired and hung over. I'm sailing away...

3 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Just don't blame us when the acoustics are bad. We TOLD you to go see Leon...

Zina said...

All of my employees are going to go see them when they come to Dallas. They are all 16-18 and have no idea who Dennis DeYoung is. THEY will enjoy the concert!

Laurie said...

Old Horsetail - I know, I know. Hopefully, I won't be kicking myself too hard Friday.

Crazy - I would LOVE to see Kansas. Wow!

Zina - I know what you mean. Part of the reason I'm going is to see who they have doing the lead singing.