Monday, January 08, 2007

What, Me Worry?


Downtown Austin was shut down this morning after the discovery of several dozen dead birds in the downtown area near the capital. Officials are checking for chemicals in the air or a possible gas leak and don’t believe the bird deaths were caused by bird flu.

Also, this morning, parts of Manhattan were closed down due to a strong gas smell in the air.

As if I don't have enough to worry about what with the Skull and Bones Society, the Trilateral Commission, the Masons, the Knights Templar and the ever present Knights of Columbus, now I have to worry about gassy New Yorkers and dead birds in MY STATE CAPITAL!

Not to mention the military, the FBI and the CIA each thinking they are the only barrier between the rest of us common folk and total annihilation when we all know that there is certainly something out there even more covert and frightening than the CIA which the CIA doesn't even know about.

Now, where did I put those cyanide pills?

13 comments:

La Sirena said...

I worry about that covert group, too. They're probably planting a bomb in my car for even mentioning them.

Serena said...

I saw those stories when I was browsing the news on my computer (when I was supposed to be working), and the same thoughts went through my head. It just doesn't sound "normal," by any stretch of the imagination. Something caused it. Trying to figure out who or what is enough to induce worry. It's just freaky.

Laurie said...

La Sirena - Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm in big trouble for this post.

Serena Joy - I try not to think about it but IT'S ALWAYS THERE!! Okay, okay...I'm okay.

cindybindy said...

Laurie: Don't look for the cyanide pills, look for the valiums or the xanex's :) Do like I do, don't watch the news. I'd just as soon be blind-sided. It's true what they say "ignorance is bliss", I had no idea there was a bird problem in Texas or New York has a gas episode. :) I'm wishing you a good day to be spent in happy clueless ignorance. Cindy

Laurie said...

Cindy - You have the right idea.

Anonymous said...

I think a lot of us filed those two stories side by side. I think the bird bodies have been sent to the CDC for examination, so at least we might eventually learn why they died. *sophmom goes to see if there's a rock under which she can hide*

Anonymous said...

Maybe its time to call in agent Jack!!!


Baby sis

Oh, while I'm here...anybody interested in seeing a little bull riding this weekend?

Laurie said...

Sophmom - Very scary.

Baby Sis - You know that bull riding stuff freaks me out. Sure, I'll go. :)

Anonymous said...

I tend to stay away from the news so I don't go all Conspiracy Theory. There news is some scary stuff.

Peter said...

I dunno Laurie, it's hard to imagine anything scarier than the CIA.

Laurie said...

Leslie - It's what they don't tell us that scares me.

Peter - It's hard but it's possible.

Grimm said...

Like some of the others, I wasn't aware of these until today when a coworker was explaining them to me.

Of course I was wondering where the hell I was.

So we have smelly New Yorkers and gassy Texans...and boring Ohioans.

Ah well.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Enjoy your boring. You might be the only ones left when the dust settles.