Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stingaree Music Festival Update


This is an update of this post.

Jesse Dayton (that's his pic up there) and Ryan Bingham have been added to the lineup for the Stingaree Music Festival at Crystal Beach 4/13, 4/14 and 4/15.

I've been listening to "X Country" on my XM radio (Channel 12) and Jesse Dayton is one of those artists who cause me to look at the display on my XM receiver when he comes on to see who's singing. I'm very excited that he'll be at the festival.

Another singer I've recently become a fan of is James McMurtry. I wonder what he's doing the middle of April. I've checked the tour calendars of a lot of other singers and a lot of them would be available for that weekend. I'll keep an eye on the Stingaree site for updates and you'll see all additions here.

Artists added as of 1/27/07:
Jesse Dayton
Ryan Bingham

Scheduled to appear as of 1/19/07:
Hayes Carll
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Adam Carroll
Sam Baker
The Dedringers
The John Evans Band
Travis Linville
Corb Lund
Roger Marin
Romi Mayes
Sisters Morales
Todd Snider
The Sidehill Gougers
The Stone Coyotes
Graham Weber
Graham Wilkinson

Not listed on the Stingaree Festival website but listed on their individual tour calendars:
Jimmy Kaiser
David Lee Kaiser

7 comments:

La Sirena said...

Omigod!!! I recently have gotten WAY into James McMurtry. I caught him on "Austin City Limits" on PBS and it was musical love at first note. So much so, I went on his web site and found out he's playing the Old Town School of Folk Music here in Chicago on Feb. 9. I'm suddenly so into him that I immediately bought one ticket, 5th row center, rather that 2 -- 12th row off to the side. (I'm such a bitch -- but I don't know anybody else who likes him.)

Also, I have this fantasy in which after the show we bump into each other in the alley and I bring him to this excellent bar right near the theater -- Al Capone used to hang there and they have excellent live jazz -- and he writes a song about me called "Wicked Whiskey Woman" or somesuch.

Laurie, He's playing Austin on Valentine's and in March. You could kill 2 birds with one stone -- visit Austin for the first time and see James McMurtry.

Here's his website -- tourdates are in the sidebar.

http://www.jamesmcmurtry.com/#concerts

How spastic am I???

Laurie said...

La Sirena - It always amazes me how much I have in common with people who stop by here to read this blog. Through the writing we get to know each other and somehow the ones who stick around usually share other interests as well.

I'll be seeing Ray Wylie Hubbard on 2/14 but I'm going to check into the March in Austin thing.

Thanks!!

Steve said...

After Ray Wylie Hubbard, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Pat Green and Robert Earl Keen on four consecutive nights in February, I may have sensory overload until March. I'd love to see James McMurtry, but midnight on a Wednesday is a bad time for me to try to be in Austin. We need to start an email campaign to get him to the Stingaree.

La Sirena said...

"Isn't that weird?"

If you and poker boss can get him to stingaree, maybe I'll meet you down that way.... Not sure tho, may do something with the kid or go to N.O. for Jazzfest as it is my bday wknd. (My few frequent flyer miles are burning a hole in my pocket!)

Laurie said...

Pokerboss - I think I'll get right on that little e-mail campaign.

LaSirena - Another embarrassment: I've never been to New Orleans Jazz Fest. Happy Birthday, waaaayyyy ahead of time, in case I forget.

Serena said...

Jesse Dayton is a doll. I wonder if he's available for adoption?:)

Wow, I hope you get to go to Austin. That would be so great!

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - I need to make a commitment to myself to do it this year.