Wednesday, January 03, 2007

My Resolutions

  1. Stop looking at people like they’re stupid when they do stupid things.
  2. Do more stupid things.
  3. Buy a karoke machine and microphone stand, practice, practice, practice and knock ‘em dead at the Cat’s Meow.
  4. Go to the beach more often.
  5. Cook more often (I stole this one from someone else but I don’t remember who).
  6. Stop stealing other people’s ideas.
  7. Stop buying so many DVD’s! You’re never going to watch them, you idiot.
  8. Stop calling myself an idiot.
  9. Buy uncomfortable clothes and shoes just because they look good.
  10. Wear the uncomfortable clothes and shoes just because they look good and smile like an idiot when I wear them.
  11. Dammit, I already broke resolution number 8.

9 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I love #1. Our friend Momo is notorious for being unknowingly unable to hide her expressions of disgust or disdain. We've taken to notifying her with the codeword: Face.

"Momo: Face."

Steve said...

Let me know when the karaoke machine happens. I want to act a fool at 3 for 1 happy hour, too. Besides, you can't do all the parts of Bohemian Rhapsody alone. Magnifico-o-o-o-o-o!!!!

Serena said...

LOL! Sounds like some pretty good resolutions. Of course, we all break #8, so I wouldn't even worry about that one.

Peter said...

Surely half the fun of NYR is stealin' 'em from someone else ya idiot. LOL.

Laurie said...

Gnight Girl - Oh, I'm going to have to steal the "face" thing.

Pokerboss - Bo Rhap will take more than one person.

Serena Joy - Very true.

Peter - Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, you are hilarious. You make me laugh out loud everyday.

Good luck with your resolutions.

Laurie said...

Leslie - :) Thanks!

Grimm said...

Ah, better to steal something that you can't get indicted for.

If you do more stupid things than normal things (like me), would stupid be the new normal?

There must be a keg involved if I am to do karoke.

Great job - Lord knows I can't keep any.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Thanks for the tips!