Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"It's a Warm and Wonderful Feeling, Jerry"


I hate being cold. I especially hate when my feet are cold which is pretty much all the time. My hands are usually cold, too. However, at home, there's not much I can do about my cold hands except to sit on them or maybe put them between my thighs. However, my cold feet are another story. As soon as I get home from work, I take off my shoes and hose and put on a nice clean pair of thick socks.

Sunday night I discovered cold feet nirvana. As I was watching Desperate Housewives and folding clothes, I grabbed a handful of nice, clean, WARM socks. I quickly pulled off the socks I had on and put on the warm socks. I was suddenly transported to a tropical beach walking through warm sand on a bright sunny afternoon. Heaven, on my living room couch.

Jerry: What's with you ?

Kramer: Feel this.

Jerry: Wow, that's hot.

Kramer: Yeah, it's piping hot. It's fresh out of the dryer. Hey, Elaine, you have to feel my pants.


Elaine: I'll see you later.

Kramer: Oh, alright. You don't know what your missing . I'm loving this, Jerry. I am never putting on another piece of clothing unless it's straight out of the dryer.

Jerry: So, now, every time you get dressed, you are going to go down to the basement and use the dryer?

Kramer : Oh yeah . It's a warm and wonderful feeling , Jerry .

I can relate.

18 comments:

La Sirena said...

If you put a thin pair of fresh-from-the-dryer cotton socks under a thick pair of socks they will trap the warmth into a little heat pocket surrounding your feet.

(It gets cold and damp here in the winter.)

Dave Knechel said...

I know where you put your hands when they are cold. When your nose is cold, where do you put it?

Just curious.

Neal said...

....OR, just go sit in the sauna!

Laurie said...

La Sirena - You are the woman! I'm going to try that one tonight.

Dave - If the option is available, snuggling up to a nice warm neck usually does the trick.

Neal - I gotta get me one of those.

Serena said...

I hate being cold, too. And right now I'm suffering -- nighttime temps in the teens. My house has radiators, and I don't put my clothes on 'til they're nice and toasty from a stay on top of the radiator.

Adela said...

Don't need a sauna. Just wait till April!

I do hate this cold and damp, though. I think "real" winter in Chicago was easier to deal with in some ways. Serena, you might have to explain what a radiator is! Folks down here are unaware that they exist outside of cars! But then, we also didn't know that a/c was an "option" on a new car. . .

But I digress.

Three cheers for dryer-toasty socks!

Zina said...

Just put the warm socks on your hands too! DUH!

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - Now, there's an idea.

Laura - We've had a really nasty winter, haven't we?

Zina - That's the ticket!

Serena said...

Radiators are these metal units that sit in each room of the house. Instead of blasting you every little while with a burst of hot air, radiators radiate heat all the time. They're great for warming clothes and towels on top of. Shoot, if I get cold enough, I've been known to sit on them. You don't want to do that for too long, though. It'll brand your butt.

Adela said...

I put one of those "cat shelf/hammock" things over the radiator when I lived in Chicago. The cat LOVED it! But it melted the plastic supports. I kept it warm enough to wear shorts. Radiators are great, but they clang!

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - I thought I knew what a radiator was. I didn't realize it radiated heat all the time. You learn something new every day.

Laura - Hmmmm...a people hammock right above a radiator. I would buy that.

Mommy said...

Maybe you have Raynaud's Phenomenon like I do. :( My feet and hands are always cold too, but at least with my new medicine they don't go numb anymore!

I love warm socks. And putting my icy feet on Brian. That always seems to help. :)

Peter said...

Basing your choices on "Kramer" sounds a bit odd Laurie, but I suppose whatever floats your boat.

Laurie said...

Jen - Aw, and he's still going to marry you. :)

Peter - Them warm socks surely did float my boat.

Anonymous said...

Nothing better than warm toasty socks! I love to throw a blanket in the dryer and then curl up with it on the couch when I feel cold.

I love the Seinfeld bit.

Laurie said...

Leslie - Oh, I'm going to try the blanket thing.

Grimm said...

Ya gots to be careful with the pants outta the dryer, especially around the zipper area because the metal parts to get VERY hot.

I've got scars to prove it.

Laurie said...

Grimm - No zippers, got it.