Monday, January 29, 2007

I Feel Like Such a Big Girl

At lunch today, I went to the Department of Vital Statistics to get a certified copy of my birth certificate so I can apply for a passport. Tomorrow, I'll get a picture taken and Wednesday, I'll go to the post office with my application and all the other required paraphernalia.

I post this here so that I will stay on my own ass to get this done. It would be so sad if my international blogging friends (Lorna in Canada or Neil and Peter in Australia or Deek and Astrid in London or Nomad in France) absolutely, positively required my presence on short notice and I couldn't be there for them.

Or, I might just pop over to Cabo Wabo and visit Sammy.

12 comments:

Serena said...

Good for you, Laurie! You stay on your ass, now, and get it done. I have to admit that I don't have a passport. I've never really needed one, but now I'm thinking that if my phone rings and it's some prince wanting me ASAP, I'm going to get detained at the airport.

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - I definitely don't want to hinder my princely opportunities.

NOMAD said...

yeah, didn't think about a passport for a long time by now, since we got internet :lol:

Lorna said...

I didn't know how much I missed you until I spent 20 minutes catching up. Isn't that weird?

neil said...

You haven't forgotten about the cocktail party at my place tomorrow have you? I've got a bucket full of Margarita's. And the biggest, sweetest yabbies (crawfish) this side of the lake.

Laurie said...

Nomad - Thank goodness I don't need a passport for the internet.

Lorna - So lovingly weird.

Neil - Damn! I love yabbies and margaritas. I'll see you in about 8 weeks. Save me some.

TexasGal said...

Hey! Don't forget about me way over here in Singapore! You can always visit here...anytime! And there are so many other places that are close by once you are here: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, etc.

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - How could I forget about you all the way over there in Singapore. I think I need to take me a little around the world trip.

Donna said...

Good for you! A passport opens so many new possibilities.

Laurie said...

Donna - I'm hoping so. No, not hoping. I'm going to start going places! Yes!!

Grimm said...

Dammit! Now there is another thing I have to do. You really need to quit that.

Not to mention that I am 2 weeks behind on commenting.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Good job on commenting today, dude.