- I've never lived in New Orleans or the French Quarter.
- Nobody made me "Who Can and Cannot Live in the French Quarter Police."
- What other people do is none of my business.
- What Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie do is only their business and, as stated in my third little bullet up there, is certainly none of my business.
Click here for a link to more pictures of the mansion and for a description of the house that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie reportedly bought. I don't know for certain that this is the house. However, it certainly fits all the descriptions I've read in the media and it was e-mailed to me by a very reliable source.
People have asked me what I think of their big move and, keeping the above disclaimers in mind, here's my bulleted uneducated opinion:
- Whatever helps the city is a good thing.
- Ideally, anyone who moves into the French Quarter is doing so because they get that tingly feeling when they first set foot there. (I hope Brad and Angelina get tingly all over when they walk through the French Market or stroll up and down Royal Street.)
- Angelina has a reputation of being...uh...eccentric. This makes me think she probably truly loves the uniqueness of the French Quarter.
- Brad has a well known love of architecture which makes me think that his interest in living in the French Quarter is genuine, as well.
- Hopefully, any other celebrities who might move into Brad and Angelina's neighborhood do so out of love and not out of a craving to be trendy.
I wonder if they need a nanny.