Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Mmmmmmmmm...Tokyo!


Last night, the whole damn family went to Tokyo for some sushi and teppanyaki grilled food and fun. (More pictures here.) If you haven't been to the new Tokyo, yet, you must go. The place is just gorgeous. It's also just as crowded (if not more so) as the location out by the mall. The new Tokyo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar is located on the Interstate 10 access road across the highway from Sam's near Acapulco Mexican Grill and Cantina and Outback Steakhouse. Quite the international stretch of highway we have there.

By the way, guess who can suddenly use chopsticks. That's her up there in the front with her sisters and brother. I have this weird kind of brain that, if I just leave it alone, it will usually work things out on its own. My whole life, I have been unable to coordinate chopsticks no matter how hard I tried. Last night, out of the blue, I was actually eating rice and PICKING UP TEPPANYAKI ONIONS with chopsticks.

Now, if you'll excuse me, my brain and I need to have a little conversation about piano playing and novel writing.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a freakin' Christmas miracle, it is!!! How did that happen? I can't use chopsticks. I can't imagine ever being able to use chopsticks. Dang.

I'm glad ya'll had a nice time. Enjoy the rest of your holidays, darlin'.

I have to ask, is that the famous blogger a/k/a Wang Chi brother (in the pic)? I just knew Jack was cute! ;)

Laurie said...

Wang Chi a/k/a Jack is very cute indeed but that isn't him. Check out Flickr on my sidebar and go to the Halloween pics (he's the knight in shining fabric/armor) or go to the post "Jack Wins Second Place in a Beauty Contest" which will be in my October 2006 archives. That's Jack and Jack isn't my brother. He's a good friend.

Jack said...

Dammit, Laurie, it's hard enough to get a table there without you encouraging more people to go.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm such a dummy! I thought Jack was your brother! So, they're both cute! ;)

*sophmom runs off to flickrland*

Laurie said...

Jack - You wouldn't believe how packed it was last night on a Tuesday night. All of the side teppanyaki rooms were open and the waiting area was full.

Sophmom - Cute runs in the family. :)

Larry Jones said...

Just don't be pokin' at the piano with your chopsticks.

Laurie said...

Larry - Hey,you might be onto something there.

Serena said...

I am in total awe. I've never been able to master chopsticks. Or play the piano, either. Well, I can play Chopsticks on the piano. Does that count?:)

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - Sure it counts! This is my blog and I say it counts. So there.

Serena said...

My self-esteem is restored. LOL.

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - :)

Grimm said...

You and I must have the same type of relatives.

The fake family that you use for photo ops.

Then the whole "damn" family that you read about in police blotters.

Oh yes, I do know that family.

La Sirena said...

Congrats on the chopsticks!

My personal breakthrough was my Austrian friend Peter -- he said "think of a pencil" and it all just clicked.

Lorna said...

good photos on Flickr, but who is the dude in the black leather jacket with what looks like horn toggles as fasteners? I am intrigued and want to meet his tailor.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Those police blotter relatives and relatives of non-traditional sexual orientations are what keep us normal. :)

La Sirena - Oh! That should make it even easier. Thanks for the tip.

Lorna - That guy is a friend of my nephews. He's a nice guy but my brother-in-law (nephews' father) looks at him like he's a little too out there. He got the coat at Hot Topic (of course).