Friday, December 29, 2006

Farewell, Year Old Friend


Goodbye, my faithful Daily Show With Jon Stewart America (The Calendar) 2006. You have been on my desk a whole year and watched me endure varied and sundry varieties of bullcrap, crappity crap and even, occasionally, some good crap.
Some days you made me laugh, some days you made me think and some days you did both. Mostly, though, you made me think of that gorgeous, smart, funny, scrumptious Jon Stewart every single day.

I’m going to miss you, but it’s a new year. It’s time for you to step aside and let The Far Side take watch over me for 2007. Hasta la vista, baby.

(Please tell me I’m not the only person who gets sentimental every December while unceremoniously throwing my trusty desk calendar into the trash can.)

6 comments:

Serena said...

I understand your sentimentality about your desk calendars. When they're uber cool, you just can't toss them. This is why my desk drawers are stuffed with cool old calendars. LOL. I'm giving up the Far Side this year for Pooped Puppies. They are SO adorable.

Anonymous said...

I still have a Wallace and Gommit calendar from the Wrong Trousers days. 1993, I think.

Zina said...

I am a total calendar freak. And this year I haven't bought a single one. So, I don't know whatmy desk calendar is going to be yet. I've done FAR SIDE too many times....any suggestions?

Grimm said...

There is a Bad Cat calendar that is pretty hilarious stuff.

Go here for an example of one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/GrimmyDee/Blog%20Pics/BadCat.jpg?t=1167454434

Hope that works.

They also have them for Dogs as well.

Unknown said...

Jeez, I wish someone would give me something other than a Dilbert calendar at Christmas. Yeah, it's funny and I am in IT but I'm multidimensional (which makes it tough to get through revolving doors). Maybe Stephen Colbert will come up with a calendar someday.

Laurie said...

Serena - Pooped puppies? Awwww.

Susan - I still haven't seen an episode fo Wallace and Grommit.

Zina - Pooped puppies comes to mind.

Grimm - I'll check that out. Sounds funny!

Comfort Addict - Yeah! Stephen Colbert!