Friday, December 08, 2006

The Gang Who COULD (accidentally) Shoot Straight

I live in an overwhelmingly predominantly blue collar area. A couple of days ago, a robbery took place in one of the smaller, even more overwhelmingly predominantly blue collar areas of southeast Texas. Arrests have been made and more are arrests are expected.

The thing that makes this particular burglary unusual is the amount of the haul. The take is estimated at over 4 million dollars. A couple of guys broke into a house, grabbed some jewelry, coins, credit cards and a safe and hauled ass. The jewelry was real and the safe was filled with cash and securities.

It's possible that these guys knew exactly who they were robbing and what they were after. I, however, prefer to think they were looking to score a couple thousand dollars worth of merchandise to feed their meth habit and now face felony charges and significant jail time.

I think I have my screenplay.

9 comments:

Grimm said...

If this wasn't a planned hit, talk about your freaking blind luck. Go play the lottery man!

Wait...I guess you did.

I wanna be cast as the getaway driver!

Inca From Peru said...

I don't care who you are, or whether you don't trust the government or the international banking system, or whether you believe the IMF was put together by the UN specifically to surreptitiously get at your own personal assets. I don't care if you think freaking Henry Kissinger and Bill Clinton and the whole goddamn Tri-Lateral Commission, all running around naked in the woods at the Bohemian Club, are the ones who really run things, behind the scenes.

You cannot. . . keep $4 million worth of anything, in your house. Even in, no, especially in Bridge City.

You'd be better off putting it all in mayonnaise jars and burying it out in the woods somewhere.

BTW, if you need any help with that, let me know.

Inca From Peru said...

Oh yeah, I'd like to play Kissinger, if possible. Clothed.

Laurie said...

Grimm - First come, first served. You get the driver part. :)

Inca - In his house! I still can't believe that.

Laurie said...

Inca (part 2) - The amount of nudity in my movie will be decided by me personally and is not negotiable, "Henry."

cindybindy said...

hahahaha - Stupid Meth Heads :)

Laurie said...

Cindy - I know! Hahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

One of the guys involved was the grandson of the person who was robbed. Grandpa kicked grandson out prior to robbery. While grandpa was out of town, grandson & his friend broke into grandpa's house to supposedly get grandson's things. Grandson also helped himself to grandpa's safe and a few other valuable items in the home. Grandpa not happy. Grandson & friend -- dumbasses! Poodles

Laurie said...

Poodles - Oh, my God. I hadn't heard all that stuff. Dumbasses indeed.