Friday, December 15, 2006

The Fruitcake Lady

My friend Elizabeth sent this to me. I hadn't thought about The Fruitcake Lady in a long time. She recently passed away.




From Wikipedia article:

Marie Rudisill died in Hudson, Florida on November 3, 2006, at the age of 95, just before the publication date of her latest book, Ask the Fruitcake Lady: Everything You Would Already Know If You Had Any Sense, on November 7. The November 8, 2006 broadcast of the Tonight Show included a tribute composed of highlights from her segments on the show, including one in which she cooked with (and was hugged and kissed on the cheek by) Tom Cruise.

7 comments:

Mommy said...

Miss Puss! HAHAHAHAAAAA!

Laurie said...

Jen - I know!! Hahahahaha!!!!

Serena said...

I just adored that old lady. What a total hoot she was. Jay Leno had a long piece featuring her best "work" shortly after she passed, and it was just hysterical.

Adela said...

I saw the book at B&N the other day. Didn't know she was gone. Won't it be great when we're old enough to stop pretending to be nice to people?

Grimm said...

OMG! I honestly had never seen her before, but DAMN is she hilarious.

Awesome clip. I'm heading over to YouTube right now to find some more.

rkfinnell said...

What a gem she was. I loved her answer to the woman who asked shouldn't she stop using bad language. Hell no! Love it!

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - She is my new role model.

Laura - Hell, I'm old enough now. I think I'm going to go for it.

Grimm - My work here is done.

Roxan - I know! Hahahahah!