Sunday, February 11, 2007

YeahuhcanIgiiiiiiittttt.....

When we were in high school, my brother would always blame his barfing due to overindulgence in alcohol on Jack In The Box tacos. Sorry, Jack. To this day, even though we've ratted Stuart out a hundred times, my mom will still tell you the story about how "those Jack In The Box tacos always made your brother sick."

One night, my brother came home, sat on the couch in the den with my mom and tried to appear normal. After about ten seconds of deep breathing and head swimming and useless denial, he bolted from the couch to the bathroom and ran smack into the wall leading into the hall which would have eventually gotten him safely, if not soberly, to the bathroom.

My mom's words of wisdom to my dumbass brother?

"Good."

(For the sake of my continued amusement of the following commercial, we shall all assume that this dude has not yet partaken of any mind numbing substances, is not driving under the influence and will eat his tacos after firing one up at his stoner pad when he gets home.)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We don't have Jack in the Box around here. That commercial is great, though.

Laurie said...

Leslie - Oh, Jack In The Box is goooood.

cindybindy said...

I am sad to say I have never had the experience of the Jack in the Box. We don't have them in Central Louisiana and I guess when I'm on vacation, I'm too busy to find one. This has now been added to my list of things to do "Go to Jack in the Box." :)

Steve said...

Uh, you posted this why? That's my usual at Jack's place. Just drive in to the one at 11th and Stagg and say you'll have what Steve's having. Don't forget the sauce.

Laurie said...

Cindy - Wow, I thought Jack In The Box was nationwide.

Pokerboss - Mmmmmm....tacos.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

No Jack in the Box here either, I've only ever seen it in CA.

It was "BBQ potato chips" that always made my sister sick, when we were growing up. My mother never seemed to catch on, lamenting "I don't know WHY she keeps eating those things, when they make her so sick!"

Deek Deekster said...

Well, THAT'S a nice clean new blog now innit?

Laurie said...

Gnight Girl - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Deek - It is, innit? :)

Anonymous said...

i've had some nights like that. i love that commercial. bahahahahaaa!!!!

LoryKC said...

LOL! Somehow I've missed this commercial--but maybe it's because we do not have Jack in the Box here, either!
That's great!

Grimm said...

Oh that line will be used in our house for a long time for any numerical answer.

How many light bulbs do we need? 30.

What channel does American Idol come on? 30.

How many teeth will I lose if my wife hears about this? 30.

Laurie said...

Fav File Clerk - I bet!

Lory - Man, you people don't know what you're missing.

Grimm - Hahahahaha!