Thursday, February 08, 2007

Poor Little Chickadee

Weird things continue to happen at my house. First, my garage door opener tried to kill me. The next day, my shower went to totally hot water for what seemed like an eternity. Granted, the hot water thing was probably caused by a renegade toilet but my toilets run all the time and I’ve never been scalded in the shower in the four years I’ve lived there.

This, however, is the creepiest so far. Last night, I got home from work and noticed what looked like a wasp nest on the siding at the back of my house where the garage meets the house. I got my big broom, went over there and it wasn’t a wasp nest. It was a bird’s head sticking out from between the siding! A dead bird’s head. It was so sad. How long did it struggle before it died?

Now, I have to leave it there because I’m certainly not going to break its little neck and take the head (UGH!). So, now what? Are things going to eat it? Am I going to have a bird skeleton head sticking out of the back of my house?!

I don’t even like birds but, in my mind’s eye, I can still see its poor little fluffy dead head sticking out from between the siding.

These are the kinds of things you hear from people who have abandoned haunted houses. “We didn’t think anything of it, at first. But, when I found the washing machine filled with blood….”

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you take a picture for us curiously weird family members?

Baby Sis

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - No, you sicko! (I'll take one tonight. No, wait, tomorrow. I have "a thing" tonight.)

Mommy said...

I still say to call an exterminator or animal control.

...you won't take a picture first though? Bummer.

I'm jealous of the "thing."

Laurie said...

Jen - I better call animal control or something. Thanks for the idea. No telling what kind of creatures a dead bird head might attract.

I guess I could go home at lunch and take a picture. I just feel kind of bad taking a picture of his poor little floppy dead head.

Anonymous said...

We can add this wierd nest-birdhead thingy next to my strange mushroom. No body I passed it on to wrote back to tell me what kind it was. I still think it was a deformed body snatcher pod.

Baby sis

Serena said...

Girl, you have seriously strange things happen to you. I think that poor little dead bird head hanging out of the siding would creep me out even more than possessed toilets and levitating bolts. Yikes!

La Sirena said...

How did it get there??? This question would be the taproot of all of my obssessive talents for at least 48 hours.

cindybindy said...

Have you checked to make sure your house is not built on an ancient burial ground? There's some weird things going on at your place. Be careful :)

Anonymous said...

Dave will be jealous if your house is haunted. He has been dying to do an "investigation" of a haunted house (like Most Haunted or those T.A.P.S. guys). Of course, we have no equipment or experience or knowledge of anything.

Peter said...

I think the washing machine full of blood would be the clincher on some new real estate.

TexasGal said...

poor bird!! Curious too how it got there. Just put a plastic bag over your and to get it out then you can bury it in your backyard and start your own burial ground.

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - I totally agree. Are either mom or dad acting weird...I mean...weirder than usual?

Serena Joy - It's pretty icky.

La Sirena - I think he was in my attic and was trying to get out. Sad.

Cindy - I think all of Southeast Texas is on an ancient indian burial ground.

Leslie - Oh!!! I wish we lived closer to each other. Me and you and Dave and my sister could start our own Most Haunted or T.A.P.S. like organization.

Peter - If that happens, I won't be letting the door hit me in the ass on my way out.

Texas Gal - I will take that under advisement.