Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ferret!

It takes me exactly one second to work myself into a panic if I think an insect is crawling on me. At the three second interval, I'm screaming like a banshee.

Saturday evening, I had no plans so at around 6:00 p.m., I reached into my pajama drawer and pulled out my most comfy pair of pajama pants. As I put them on, I felt something crawling on the inside of the right pants leg.

"Holy shit!"

"What the fuck is that?!"

"Aagh! Aagh!"

"It's a roach!"

"No, it's too big for a roach!"

"It's at my knee!"

"Fuck!!!"

"Is it a gecko?"

"How did a gecko get inside my pajama drawer?!"

"It's too big for a gecko..."

"...and it's soft!"

"Agghhh! Agghh!!"

"It's a mouse!!"

"It's a ferret!"

"No, it's too small to be a ferret!"

"Definitely, a mouse!"

"Aggghh!! Agghh!!! Agghh!!"

"Oh."

"It's the gray sock I lost in the laundry last week."

"Dumbass."


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMAO. Dang socks.

La Sirena said...

When I lived way out in the country -- in one single day -- a snake slithered across my foot while I was digging in the closet. Later, when I slipped on my leave-outside-shoes to go muck around by the river, I woke up a mouse with my big toe.

Eeeiiiw!!!

Mommy said...

Bahahahaha, that is too funny!

I don't think the mouse or the ferret would freak me out as much as a roach or a snake. I f**king hate roaches and snakes.

Serena said...

LMAO! Thank God it was just a rogue sock, because it "could" have been a creepy-crawlie or even a ... ferret. They do get loose.:)

Laurie said...

Sophmom - I looked for that sock for an hour. You would think I would have remembered that.

La Sirena - Eeeiiiw!!!!!!!

Jen - Oh, God! I didn't even think of a snake. ((shiver))

Serena Joy - Damn, ferrets.

Peter said...

You had better thank your lucky stars it wasn't a ferret down in that area Laurie.

Laurie said...

Peter - Ferret actually crossed my mind. I was in panic mode.

rkfinnell said...

I once had a mouse run over my foot. It was dark and thankfully I was already sitting on the toilet.

Carol Davidson said...

Haha!! Funny.

I was going to mention here Cynikell's fear of a snake in the toilet, but then I decided I probably shouldn't spread that around.

And why can't I ever get the word verification right the first time?

se7en said...

LOL, very funny! Them socks can be vicious! It's a good thing it didn't bite!

Laurie said...

Roxan - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Abby - Oh, God. Snakes.

Se7en - Damn, socks.

cindybindy said...

hahahahahaha! I'm laughing my ass off and I've got a pretty big ass:)

Laurie said...

Cindy - :)

TexasGal said...

ROTFLMAO! After we moved over here there was a gecko in the coffee pot one morning. I screamed at my hubbie to take it outside. Knowing that he was headed back home (to the states) the next week, he comment to me was, "What are you going to do if one get's in there after i am gone." My reply, "Leave the little shit in there until he leaves on his own or dies". "Throw away the pot and get a new one." I did end up setting him free all the while hoping he didn't jump out on me.

Grimm said...

I have more of a problem with ants and the smaller things that I can't see.

The bigger things I can handle a little better.

Laurie said...

Texas Gal - I had one in my house when I first moved here. I was nuts until I finally...uh...killed it. It's still a sensitive subject.

Grimm - I hate all creepy things bit and small.