Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bolt!


When I got home from work last night, I pulled into my garage and pushed the button to close my electric garage door opener. I got out of the car and when the garage door was completely down, a bolt flew from somewhere near the motor of the opener, slammed against the wall behind me and rolled near my feet.

“That can’t be good,” I thought.

The odd thing (you knew there would be an odd thing, didn’t you?) is that, when I pulled in, I parked all the way to the right side of my garage. I NEVER do that. I always park right in the middle…because I can. If I had parked where I usually park, the bolt would have smacked me right in the head or eye or mouth. I don’t even want to think about it. It shot out of there like a bullet.

I searched all up and down the mechanism until I finally found where I think the bolt came from. I replaced it and all seems well. The spot where it appears to have flown from, however, seems pretty harmless and I can't imagine how the garage door, at the very end of it's up/down sequence, could have possibly shot the bolt off of there with such force.

Damn, poltergeists.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your ghost must be a ..."NUT"...heheheh. I slay myself.

Babysis

Laurie said...

Baby Sis - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Coincidence that you parked to the right? Or perhaps you have a sixth sense and something in your subconcious knew you needed to park to the right.

Glad you're okay.

Oh, and I tagged your for a meme in my Quiz Show post.

Dave Knechel said...

It wasn't a poltergeist, Silly. It was a boltergeist.

Donna said...

OMG -- I'm so glad you had that premonition or whatever that caused you to park differently. Glad you're OK!

Serena said...

Oh, my word! I think that would have scared the daylights out of me. Thank God for our little "spider senses" that made you park in a different spot.

WordVer: oatsex. DO oats have sex? I never knew that.:)

Laurie said...

Leslie - I definitely have a sixth sense. I just don't usually pay attention to it.

Dave - HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! That's funny!!

Donna - Thanks. :)

Serena Joy - It did scare the crap out of me. Regarding "oatsex", maybe we should eat our Cheeri-oats before sex?

Grimm said...

I remember a somewhat similar incident where I was heading home from work and just missed making a green light I normally would have went through (It was yellow).

Turns out that if I would have made the light I would have very likely been involved in a very serious accident involving a dump truck running a stop sign.

i was pretty shaken up for a few days afterward.

Laurie said...

Grimm - WOW! Isn't it amazing when things like that happen.