I know my friends up north will think I'm a big sissy, but the temperature in Port Arthur last night was 33 degrees with 15 to 20 mph winds. That's too damn cold for me. We didn't even stay for Pat Green and it's hard to catch beads when you're huddled up behind the beer tent trying to suck some of the heat from their portable heaters through a small crack in their tent.
Here's an update from a post I did about my Mardi Gras plans:
- Wednesday, 2/14 – Ray Wylie Hubbard at Courville’s: Wonderful food, wonderful show, wonderful friends
- Thursday, 2/15 – 9 Station Drive and Cross Canadian Ragweed on Crockett Street in Beaumont: Temperature at 11:00 p.m. when Cross Canadian Ragweed would have taken the stage was going to be about 28 degrees. Bonnie and I blew it off.
- Friday, 2/16 – Pat Green in Port Arthur: Too cold, left without beads or Pat Green.
- Saturday, 2/17 – Satisfaction (Rolling Stones Tribute band) at 3:00 p.m. in Port Arthur
Saturday, 2/17 – Robert Earl Keen in Port Arthur (or Jazz Innovators on Crockett Street…haven’t made up my mind on that one): Did I mention that Bonnie fell last night and hurt her elbow? I'll probably be skipping all of this stuff, too.
- Sunday, 2/18 – Scott McGill at 5:00 p.m. on Crockett Street: I might be able to salvage Sunday by taking my niece downtown for the day.
- Sunday, 2/18 – The Neville Brothers at the Beaumont Civic Center (I JUST GOT ME A FRONT ROW SEAT!): Canceled.
Since today might be a bust, I'm leaning toward watching portions of my DVD box sets that arrived last night: The Complete Monty Python Flying Circus 16-Ton Megaset and Seven Samurai 3-Disc Remastered Edition.