We’re having two Mardi Gras celebrations in Southeast Texas this year (not counting Galveston’s big bash). It’s going to be a wild week:
- Wednesday, 2/14 – Ray Wylie Hubbard at Courville’s
- Thursday, 2/15 – 9 Station Drive and Cross Canadian Ragweed on Crockett Street in Beaumont
- Friday, 2/16 – Pat Green in Port Arthur
- Saturday, 2/17 – Satisfaction (Rolling Stones Tribute band) at 3:00 p.m. in Port Arthur
- Saturday, 2/17 – Robert Earl Keen in Port Arthur (or Jazz Innovators on Crockett Street…haven’t made up my mind on that one)
- Sunday, 2/18 – Scott McGill at 5:00 p.m. on Crockett Street
- Sunday, 2/18 – The Neville Brothers at the Beaumont Civic Center (I JUST GOT ME A FRONT ROW SEAT!)
Man, I sure hope I don’t hurt myself with all this musical wonderfulness. The ticket price is $10 per night and includes concerts (The Neville Brothers and Ray Wylie Hubbard tickets are separate) and great parades.
Beaumont Mardi Gras
And…drum roll, please...