Sunday, February 25, 2007

I Am Going to be SO Rich


I went to Houston this weekend to see my son Cory and my daughter-in-law Jamie. To briefly explain the pictures in the slideshow (below) and on Flickr (check the sidebar), Jamie is now about 4 months pregnant and Oakley had surgery on his knee. Cory's about the same as always.

Now, to explain how I'm going to be rich. We went out to eat Friday night and Cory picked up the check. It sure is cool when you have to fight your kids for the dinner check (although that's not how I'm going to get rich).

On Saturday, we went to P. F. Chang's for some absolutely outstanding chinese food which I insisted be my treat. We had two appetizers, soup, three entrees, two desserts and Cory had two beers. When I got the check, we couldn't believe it was under $100. We checked it and rechecked it until we finally determined the reason we were so confused. I gave up drinking for Lent and Jamie isn't drinking because she's pregnant.
Evidently, I automatically factor in alcohol costs even when I'm not drinking. This is going to be a very profitable Lenten season.



11 comments:

gawilli said...

Well, at least there is an upside!

Mommy said...

Awesome on the money thing! :)

Do Cory & Jamie know what they're having yet?

(Love the "Texas" stuff with the baby's furniture. If my mom gets her way, my future baby's room will be decked out in Texas stuff.)

Steve said...

If you're rich by mid-April, you can buy me a beer at the beach. I got my tickets yesterday!

Deek Deekster said...

yes i reckon i save at least £1k a year (that's practically two whole thousand of your puny American petro-dollars) not drinking. and still i tip!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor doggie, but a baby! Yay! How exciting!

Laurie said...

Gawilli - Yes!

Jen - The Texas stuff won't go in the baby's room. It's a Christmas present that they haven't put up, yet. They won't know the sex of the baby. They want to be surprised.

Pokerboss - You got it.

Deek - Maybe I'll keep it up until I pay off my Mastercard.

Leslie - Yes, we're very excited.

Anonymous said...

Have you forgotten about us?

http://shittyblogsclub.blogsome.com/

NOMAD said...

what happened to the dog ?

Laurie said...

Shitty Blogs Club - No! Sorry, I don't go over there much any more. I'll try to remedy that.

Nomad - His knee was out of joint which isn't uncommon in skinny little dogs like him (part Jack Russell Terrier)and then the knee developed arthritis.

Grimm said...

Oakley sounds in about as good a shape as me and my legs/knees.

Congrats on the baby! I am sure Leslie is getting all kinds of ideas now.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Poor Grimm, poor Oakley.