Thursday, February 01, 2007

I'm So Honored!


My dear friend Jen has asked me to be her Matron of Honor. I still remember the day Jen came into the office and told me she had met the nicest guy. I soon met him and, like everyone else, liked him immediately. I would tell you some funny stuff about Jen and Brian but I'm saving that stuff for my Matron (Matron?!) of Honor wedding day speech.
To read the sweetest proposal story you've ever heard, click here and, to see pictures of the proposal night and the ring, click here.
I promise you, Jen, I will be the best Matron (we have to do something about that word) of Honor in the history of Matrons of Honor because that's how I roll. I'm a little nervous, but I once moved a 50-person law firm with only two weeks notice and only one brief crying jag (me, not the partners). Surely, I can throw a kick-ass bachelorette party (hmmm...New Orleans?), throw a shower (or two), give a little speech and whatever else your little heart desires.
Oh, and if I have to make lots and lots of trips to wonderful, beautiful Baton Rouge and/or New Orleans, I'm willing to make that sacrifice. Like I said, that's how I roll.

14 comments:

Mommy said...

Aw, yay! I'm so glad you're my MOH! :)

Mommy said...

As for the word "matron" here are some suggestions from Thesaurus.com.

Laurie said...

Jen - Me, too!!!

Jen (part 2) - Oh, my God!!! There are so many good ones. I immediately liked "Amigo of Honor" until I saw "Playmate of Honor". Maybe, we can use a different one each week since we're about 52 weeks away. :)

La Sirena said...

When my best friend Oli got married, Kiah and I were her Best Bitches... but that's just how we roll.

I've also heard the term Best Lady several times. But I'm not sure it tops Playmate of Honor.

Congrats, Jen!!!

Steve said...

Just down some Patrón and pronounce it Matrón.

Laurie said...

La Sirena - Oh, I do like Best Bitches.

Pokerboss - Genius!!

Jack said...

Are you gong to wear thge ears and the cotton tail?

Laurie said...

Jack - Of course. Well, probably not in church.

Serena said...

What a sweet story. I can't wait to hear the tales (and bunny tails) to come about the bachelorette party.

Lorna said...

Harptallica, Green Day and sweet romance all in one shot---I've got to start coming here every day. Dave, please make a note to get hissy fit off our laptops's to-do list.

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Thanks for pointing us to the cool proposal; adorable story.

Can hardly wait to hear more.

Laurie said...

Serena Joy - Me, too! :)

Lorna - Oh, but if you save it for a few days, you get such a lovely smorgasborg.

GnightGirl - Is that the sweetest thing ever or what?

Grimm said...

Well jeez, mkaes my proposal look pretty damn lame. If fact, looking back - I can't recall if I ever did propose.

We were walking in the mall and ended up in the jewelry store and I just asked which engagement ring she wanted.

Boy, am I a shmuck.

Laurie said...

Grimm - Aw, you're not a schmuck at all.