Friday, June 17, 2005

Thomas Jefferson Port Arthur Class of 1980 Reunion

This weekend is my little sister Bonnie's class reunion. My sister Terry and her husband Dan and I will be *helping* the reunion committee by working the door and generally making a nuisance of ourselves. Last summer, we worked the door at my mom's class reunion and it's really a lot of fun messing with people, especially if you're drinking free Long Island Ice Teas.

Tonight the social is at Handlebar South in Nederland and Scott McGill will be playing. If you grew up in this area (or not), come out to Handlebar South. It isn't a private party and I'm sure the Class of 1980 will welcome you with open arms (but, not an open bar).

This weekend should be worth at least a couple of blog posts.

4 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sorry, kid, can't make it. I am waiting for the posts, he said, folding his arms and beginning to wait.

Unknown said...

I wish I could make it but my mind (and, come to think of it, the rest of my body) is a thousand miles away. I went to my ten-year reunion (an evening I'd like to forget). I missed my twenty-year. As far as I know, there was no twenty-five or thirty year one. I guess that all of that exercise and healthy eating was wasted.

Lorna said...

I, as your shared-mind doppelganger, will be there---I'm the wild one doing all those dances from the 60s, 70s and whatever....

Laurie said...

Old Horsetail - I wish you could be here!

Comfort Addict - I think most diets are initiated in fear of reunion envy.

Zach - Glad you liked the Fukitol. :)

Lorna - I didn't see you but I saw a lot of Lorna wannabes.