Saturday, June 18, 2005

Friday Night Class Reunion Report

I have only one incident to report on the class reunion this evening. I met several nice people whom I will surely remember more about tomorrow but for tonight that's all I can say. The incident I report happened in the ladies' room at the Handlebar. I was waiting, not so patiently, for an empty stall (there were only two) and the following conversation took place between me and the other girl waiting and the two girls who were occupying said stalls:

Girl waiting: I know you, you graduated in '80 with us.

Me: No, that wasn't me, that was my sister.

Girl waiting: When did you graduate?

Me: 1974

Stall 1 girl: I graduated in 1974!

Me: From Thomas Jefferson?!

Stall 1 girl: No, from Bridge City.

Me: (Then I really don't give a f**k. Hurry up!) Oh, I graduated from Thomas Jefferson.

Stall 2 girl: I graduated in 1977.

Me: From Thomas Jefferson?! My brother graduated in 1977!

Stall 2 girl: No from Mauriceville.

Me: (Do you think I give a sh*t if you graduated from Mauriceville in 1977?! Hurry the hell up!) Oh, my brother graduated from Thomas Jefferson in 1977.

Stall 2 girl: Oh.

Me whispering to other girl waiting: What is she DOING in there for God's sake?!

Other girl waiting (also whispering): I think I saw her eat a bran muffin earlier.

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you had to be there.

6 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Yeah, I never saw a bran muffin that wasn't funny as all get-out. So, you see, I got the point of the story (didn't I?).

By the way, it was nice to see all you girls in the can had so much not-in-common.

Anonymous said...

I always stake out alternative bathroom options, but you know that ;-)

Donna said...

AAARGH!! That would drive me crazy! (Very funny, tho - thanks for posting it!)

OldRoses said...

I loved your silent commentary on the idiots in the stalls. I usually say that stuff under my breath. So did you pee yourself laughing over the bran muffin? Great story, BTW.

Unknown said...

That's a riot (although I'm sure it wasn't at the time). People (the stall girls) don't think about the needs of others as much as they should.

Laurie said...

Old Horsetail - The girls in the stalls evidently thought that just going to school at all gave us a connection.

Susan - I've seen pictures!

Donna - I was definitely in a bind. :)

Old Roses - The peeing myself was definitely a close call but I made it. Thanks for asking.

Comfort Addict - I will never understand what takes some women so long.