Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Rockfest77 and Angus Young's Ass

It's finally here. Months ago we bought tickets to Rockfest77. Some local guy is filming a movie about the 1970's and he is producing a fake rock festival to be included in the movie. Playing at the festival this Saturday will be tribute bands recreating tours by Pink Floyd (Us and Them), Rolling Stones (Satisfaction), AC/DC (TNT) and Led Zeppelin (Zoso). If you wear 1970's clothes, you might even get to be in the movie.

The tribute bands we've seen at Antone's (including Satisfaction and Us and Them) have been fantastic. I can't wait to see them in the larger venue of Ford Arena. I have a commenter on this blog who says she has questions about the event. The cost is $15 and the gates open at 1:00 p.m. I hope I have answered most of her questions. For additional information, check out Wang Chi's blog, the most informative site on the net. He has several good posts about Rockfest77 over there.

The filming and concert are supposed to last until around 11:00 p.m. I'll probably be the first one there and the last to leave. I'm bringing my son and daughter-in-law and my sister and her family are also going. Of course, no one wants to go early except me but I'm as interested in the filming as I am the concert so I don't want to miss anything. I'm sure everyone will also crap out early (my son and daughter-in-law have a going away party to go to) but I plan to stay until the bitter, hot, sweaty, muggy miserable end. I'm going to get my $15 worth.

Angus Young's Ass

To get in the mood, I've been listening to my Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, AC/DC and Rolling Stones CD's at work this week. Last night I watched my DVD of AC/DC Live at Donington. It is a wonderful concert movie.

At one point, I was reading the back of the DVD box and noticed The Jack would be coming up next after Jailbreak. I was getting sleepy and The Jack is my favorite AC/DC song so I hit scan forward. WHOA! When I hit scan during Jailbreak, Angus was fully clothed. At the beginning of The Jack, he was only in his little shorts. Rewind.

During Jailbreak, Angus does his little strip tease and plays his guitar while rolling around on the ground and just, generally, tears it up. Finally, he dropped the shorts only to reveal British flag boxers. Damn! Ah, but he was only teasing. A short while later, he oh so briefly, moons the crowd. Thanks to the magic of DVD technology, I could rewind (okay, scan backward) and freeze frame to my heart's content.

I think I'll go watch it again. Just to get in that 70's mood, you understand.

5 comments:

Lorna said...

Oh, god---I do remember that '70s mood. And an honest appetite for guys stripping was part of it. Unfortunately for us, by the time you take off the snowmobile suit, the goosedown gloves, the scarf, the fleece and so on, the audience is too sleepy and/or stoned to appreciate your silk long undies...

nothing_but_coke said...

I was wondering what Rockfest77 was...now I know :-)

I keep checking the Ford Park website for anything on a Labor Day concert with Mark Chesnutt & TByrd. It's on Mark's web site but I can't find anything else.

I hope y'all get put in the movie. So do you have your 70's outfit all lined up?

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Sure, Andy, we get it *wink* *wink*

You going spend 10 hours at that dealie bob? Better take sleeping bag and sack lunch.

Better take ear plugs too. No sense listening to that stuff.

Laurie said...

Lorna - I do love the South.

Shelli - If they have the concert, we'll have to meet up somewhere. Regarding the 70's outfit, I told my sister I didn't think they had us old people in mind. We'd have to dress like our parents dressedin the 70's. Horrors!!

Old Horsetail - My game plan for the day is Smirnoff Ice, hot dogs and Excedrin (for the caffeine). I think it's a good plan.

Anonymous said...

Hi My name is Terrance I was the Art director for Rockfest77. Maybe you saw me, I was the tattooed guy with the dark side of the moon volkswagen microbus. That was one of the projects for the movie BTW.
Other than the scorching heat out there on the pavement with the van and the quadruple-knit-butterfly-collar shirt I was wearing, it was a great time.
The "local guy" you spreak of is a gentleman named Chris Cain and his movie is called " The Great Gig In The Sky."
All of the bands were great and put on a awesome show. The guys who came down from Philedelphia to do the lasers probably worked harder than any of us...many thanks to them. Hope you had fun at the show, we worked our asses off getting it together.