Saturday, June 04, 2005

Nelly!

I just got home from the Nelly concert and it was fantastic! I've never seen or felt so much energy at a concert in my life, from both the stage and the audience. I've never been a fan of rap but now that I've seen it performed live, I understand the attraction. Nelly was electric as was the opening act Lil' Wayne. (That's where he puts the apostrophe. I looked it up.)

There was a lot of crotch grabbing and a sprinkling of *mother f##kers* but most of the crotch grabbing was probably a tactic used to keep their pants from falling off. Nelly was wearing a huge diamond studded belt buckle (bling bling) which seemed to weigh down his already low slung pants. Unfortunately, the pants stayed on. Fortunately, the shirt did not. Both Nelly and Lil' Wayne lost their shirts during their performances and that was worth the price of admission.

I have to work tomorrow and I will be making a stop at Best Buy afterward to buy me some of that rap music. I might even go to the mall and buy me some bling bling.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you had a good time. As a musician, I always prefer the live thing to the recorded one. There's just something about the interaction between the performer and the crowd.

Like you, I have also found that, live, I like music that I didn't think that I liked.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Might as well get T-shirt made saying, "I saw a Nelly belly not on the telly." Or, "I saw a navel, and it wasn't on an orange." Laurie looks good in T-shirts.

Mollenkamp said...

Live beats any recording, any time.

Anonymous said...

It's official! You're one of my alltime favorite bloggers!! You rock, Laurie!

Glad you had fun at the concert!

Laurie said...

Comfort Addict - The interaction with the crowd was incredible. Everyone was doing the same arm movements and singing all the words. It was truly something to see.

Old Horsetail - I like *I Saw a Nelly Belly*! I might get one of those made. How did you know I look good in t-shirts? Have you been dreaming about me, again?

Spinner 8 - Amen!

Tanda - Thanks! You rock, too. The concert was a lot of fun. I might have to break down and go see other things I never thought I'd want to see. Is Yanni still touring?