Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Two Year Blog--aversary

My cousin Zina just pointed out to me that the two-year anniversary of this blog passed without nary a mention from me. Although you'll find posts dated prior to 10/4, those were just made to upload pictures and such. My first official post was on 10/4 and it was, appropriately, about New Orleans. I won't link to it so that you will be forced to peruse my prolific and entertaining archives. You don't have anything better to do today, right?

To all my longest blogging friends: Lorna, Wang Chi, JenT., Deek, Old Horsetail Snake, Se7en, Lauren in Lafayette (wherever you are...hope you're well), Astrid and Abby and Mark at Falafel Sex, it's been great fun.

To all my newer blogging friends, to quote Danny DeVito in Throw Mama From the Train, "Remember, a writer writes, always." This is one of the best modes of direct brain to brain communication I can think of and I love it. Keep writing even if you stop blogging.

Edited to add: I went back to see what I posted on 10/4/06, the actual anniversary, and it's the post about my dad being in remission and Pamy calling him "The Tumor-nator." That's appropriate, I think.

8 comments:

Mommy said...

Yahooo! It has been great fun. :) I wonder when by blogaversary was/is?

Dave Knechel said...

Now, that's pretty funny. My 2nd year anniversary came and went on 10/8 and I never even gave it a thought until now. You started 4 days before me!

That makes you older. Ha Ha Ha!

Laurie said...

Jen - I think we share that anniversary. Happy Anniversary to you, too!

Dave - Bite me. Wait, you'd probably like that. (Happy Anniversary, young man!) :)

Peter said...

Happy blogaversary Laurie, what perserverance!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the anny!

One of my closing tags is... keep writing!

So...

Laurie said...

Peter - Thanks!

D.B. - We're on the same page, so to speak. :)

Zina said...

I think you should patent that word "blogaversary"...everyone make a note..did the word start here???

Laurie said...

Zina - To quote John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, "I saw it then I made it up." (Actually, I don't remember if I saw it somewhere or not. Let's just pretend I'm that clever.)