Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Dad - Good News!!

My mom just called and they have just left the doctor’s office and my dad’s most recent CT scan shows that the tumor is completely gone and he is officially in remission. They will continue the chemo until December and do re-checks for the next 5 years.

Thank all of you so much for your prayers and good wishes.

(For those of you who are new here, my dad was diagnosed with lymphoma earlier this year after the doctors discovered a tumor on his pancreas. As we've been told all along, this was the "good kind of cancer" to have as opposed to the original diagnosis of cancer of the pancreas.)

Edited to add:
One of my sister's friends just sent us an e-mail that says: "He is the TUMINATOR! Ha, I kill me!" Pamy

14 comments:

Mommy said...

Yayyyyyy Happyyyyy! Wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Laurie's Dad!!!!!

That's Great!!!

Peter said...

Top news story for the day Laurie.
(Even the TUMINATOR bit.)

Laurie said...

Jen, Susan and Peter - We are so, so, so happy. :)

Lorna said...

I'm so glad---you must feel relieved.

gawilli said...

Good news for you and your family! Blessings a plenty today!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yay, Dad!

My sis took flowers to the chemo ward today, for all of the patients, for her 2 yr. cancer-free anniversary.

Yay everyone!

Miss Cellania said...

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news on the family front! Now if they could do that for Alzheimer's my mom would be set.

cindybindy said...

I'm doing the "happy dance" at this very moment :) So happy for your dad and your family!

Laurie said...

Lorna - I hope your mom is doing well, too.

Lori - That's wonderful!

Gawilli, Miss Cellania, SO, Cindy - Thank you all! I'll tell mom and dad everyone says hello.

D. B. - That would be wonderful. My grandfather had Alzheimers. It's a very sad thing.

Peggy said...

Yay! That's wonderful news!

Laurie said...

Peggy - Yes, it is! Thanks!!