Monday, October 02, 2006

Milwaukee's What?


I was on my way to meet some friends for drinks and dinner tonight when I found myself behind an 18-wheeler that was transporting a beer called Milwaukee’s Best.

I’m still trying to figure out why southeast Texas would need a whole 18-wheeler full of Milwaukee’s Best beer. I’ve never seen anybody drink one in a bar or restaurant or at a football game or house party. I’ve never heard anyone enthusiastically scream, “Stan’s here and he brought Milwaukee’s Best! Woo hoo! It's a party, now!”

My guess is that the truck was really full of the rest of Willie’s marijuana. Even the cops wouldn’t pull over a truck full of Milwaukee’s Best.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has the advantage of being cheap. But no cheaper than Old Milwaukee, and not as good.

lilfeathers2000 said...

Don't care for it my self.

Zina said...

This is a cheap ass beer. We used it to play quarters when we were almost broke or way at the end of th enight when we couldn't tell how bad it was.

Laurie said...

Jack, LilFeathers and Zina - That explains why people are too embarrassed to drink it in a bar.

Stephanie said...

We have some friends from MN/WI who all buy this crap. And I do mean CRAP. It is foul, foul stuff!

Anonymous said...

Your erudite readers have nailed it. Cheap and nasty.

La Sirena said...

It leaves you with the worst headaches and lower GI issues. Natty Ice is much better if you're going for a ridiculously cheap beer buzz.

Laurie said...

Kaci, Sophmom, La Sirena - I think I need to start a beer blog. My readers are very beer knowledgeable. Big surprise. :)

Laurie said...

Foody - Thanks for the link. I'm glad you're doing a Beaumont food blog. I like food.