Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Weird Idol Voodoo

Call me a dork but I love American Idol. Actually, it’s worse than that, I’m obsessed. My family and friends know I will not pick up the phone during an episode so they don’t even try to call. Even with all the brain cells I've murdered, I can still name the final twelve from the last two seasons. I know. Dork. Shut up.

Last night, American Idol was in New Orleans (one of my favorite programs in one of my favorite places – it was almost more than I could bear) and there was one particular segment that was very cosmically weird for me. As you all know, I just got back from New Orleans and we stayed at The Inn on Bourbon, my home away from home.

In the segment, Ryan Secrest was interviewing one of the performers about his parents, while standing on Bourbon Street. The contestant was explaining how his parents met while working in separate clubs on Bourbon Street which were on opposite corners of the street from each other. The first thing the guy pointed out was The Inn on Bourbon which is on the corner opposite from the two clubs. When the cameras went back inside to show the guy’s audition, guess what he sang. Go ahead, guess.

He sang, “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans?”!! Is it possible that I'm the center of the universe as I always suspected?

Tonight, American Idol is in Las Vegas, my second favorite city. If anything freaky happens, I’ll let you know. Don’t call me, I’ll call you…after the show.

5 comments:

Shaunta said...

As soon as I saw the title of your blog, I thought of American Idol! I live in Vegas, so I'm totally looking forward to tonight's episode. Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was watching that segment with Ryan Seacrest last night, and I automatically thought of you, I said to myself...self, Laurie was there this weekend probably standing in that same spot. :o).... I am also an American Idol junky, actually I am ashamed to say a reality TV junky.

Sue

frankysbride said...

With your luck, you'll spot Elvis in the background on tonight's ep. *bg*

Lorna said...

I didn't even know "Do You Know WIMTMNO" was a song---now I have to google it up and listen to it loud.

Mommy said...

It's just after 7 and Idol is on commercial break. Vegas is sucking a$$ so far. I still think I should go on with the TLC jingle! :)