Thursday, April 21, 2005

Brain Overload

Yesterday at work, one of my friends was showing me her new shoes which had little nubbie things to massage the soles of your feet as you walk. I was trying to think of a word to describe the feeling it would give your feet and all my brain would come up with was exciting. I knew her feet weren't excited but the word I was trying to grab from the recesses of my brain wouldn't come to me.

I just kept looking at her saying, "You know? They make your feet excited. Not excited. Damn, what am I trying to say? They make your feet feel good so you feel good all over. What's the f**king word? Crap! They make your feet...sh**! STIMULATED! That's what they do. They stimulate your feet."

Yet, I went to the Champions on Ice show last night and, without hesitation, I was able to remember the name of Tara Lipinski when my friend suffered from the same brain constipation I had experienced earlier in the day. I couldn't come up with the word stimulated but I could remember Tara Lipinski. I'll never understand how my brain works.

2 comments:

Lorna said...

We are so happy that you don't know how your brain works---the products are so great, so if it ain't broke.....

Laurie said...

Lorna - Thanks for the nice thoughts! However, I'm pretty sure it's (my mind) broke.